The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is presenting significant challenges for all of us, but especially older adults and people with chronic conditions who are most vulnerable to the virus.
Our in-home care makes it possible for older adults to heed the CDC’s recommendation for social distancing while continuing to receive the care they need to manage existing medical conditions.
We ensure that the care we provide is in a lower risk setting, than the delivery of care in other settings, where patients are more likely to be exposed. Being at home, which receiving care can help prevent unnecessary hospitalizations.
We are taking every possible precaution to protect our patients, their caregivers and our clinicians from the spread of the virus:
- Every in-home staff, must pass a daily health screening before being approved for patient visits
- We are employing and encouraging the use of telehealth technology when appropriate
- We are conducting risk assessments on every patient who is referred to our service or currently on our service
- We require personal protective equipment when treating patients with confirmed positive COVID-19 tests and those under home monitoring for coronavirus
- We have provided updated training on infectious disease control to all of our employees, including the proper use of protective equipment
- We have established a multi-disciplinary task force to coordinate and lead our efforts related to COVID-19
GMG is also working in partnership with local, state and federal government to devise and promote industry-wide solutions to this growing health crisis.
You can count on us to remain vigilant during this challenging time. We are 100% committed to you and your loved ones.